I can’t make this often, because keeping granola of any kind in the house is my DOWNFALL. Definitely try this recipe if you love crunchy clusters :)
Vanilla Honey Nut Granola
- 2 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup nuts of choice
- heaping 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I also add a sprinkle of pumpkin spice! Nutmeg would be delicious as well.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey (agave or other substitute for vegans) I used a scant 1/2 cup!
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Combine honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until just melted, about 25 seconds. Stir until completely combined
Toss the oats, nuts, cinnamon (and any extra spice), and salt in a large bowl.
Pour honey mixture over the oats and toss to coat. Make sure all of the oats are moistened.
Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, flipping every 15-20 minutes.
Remove granola from oven and allow it to cool completely – this will help the granola harden into crunchy clusters.
Once cool, add chocolate chips, dried fruit, or other mix-ins, and enjoy!
Granola remains fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.