These are just PERFECT.
And I will probably keep saying that about every single pumpkin recipe I make.
Soft and cakey, and not all that terrible for you! Yes, I sound like a broken record. This is pretty much exactly what I said for the chocolate chip pumpkin muffins…but make these make these make these!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars
Makes one 9 by 13-inch pan
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 and 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup oats
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 heaping teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 heaping teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 3/4 to 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 by 13-inch baking pan and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, brown sugar, and maple syrup. The mixture should be smooth and thicken just a bit as you mix. Add in the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, spices, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently stir until the dry ingredients are just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 25 minutes. Allow the bars to cool before cutting into squares.
Nutritional info per square if you cut 24