The countdown is on…52 days until my half marathon.
If I told you I’m cool, calm, and collected about all this, it’d be a big fat LIE. Buuut this little delicious recipe is probably 67% of the reason why I’m making it through each torturous delightfully challenging run.
True life: I have a Larabar addiction.
When I first tried Larabars, I wasn’t convinced. Do you really expect me to believe this tastes like a peanut butter cookie?
But now I’m head over heels with my favorite post-run snack.
Sadly, Larabars are kinda expensive yet I want to buy all of them, all the time (a common theme in my life when I’m at the mall or Trader Joe’s).
But if you know anything about Larabars, you know that they are wholesome health bombs made of nuts + dates + mix-ins/spices.
So it wasn’t too hard to take peanuts, peanut butter, dates, and chocolate and fuel the addiction at home.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars
1 cup (8 oz) pitted Medjool dates – soaked for 30 min.
1/2 cup peanuts
2 Tablespoons peanut butter – I used my homemade natural peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine the dates and peanuts in a food processor and blend on high until the ingredients start to form a paste.
2. Add in the peanut butter and salt and continue blending until a dough begins to form.
3. Lastly, add in the chocolate chips and pulse a few times.
4. Line a baking pan with plastic wrap.
5. Drop the dough on top of the plastic wrap and press the dough into a square or rectangle about 3/4-inch thick.
6. Cut into bars or squares. Wrap individually and refrigerate until ready to eat.